Strike Out Inhalant Abuse
The Alliance for Consumer Education’s Strike Out Inhalants was established in 2008 and has been growing ever since. ACE has worked with an array of Major and Minor League Baseball Teams to help spread inhalant abuse prevention messaging.
Each game and partnership is different, but some aspects from the Strike Out Inhalants program include:
- Assemblies and presentations with school aged children; hosted by the participating team, where players and mascots go out into schools to show, as role models, why abusing inhalants is dangerous
- Tickets to an “Awareness Night” game to all students who attend the assembly
- Strike Out Inhalants Awareness Night
- Baseball game attended by students, families, and ACE
- ACE materials and resources offered to fans free of charge at ACE sponsored table in the concourse
- Pre-game presentation on the dangers of inhalant abuse
- Pre-game and during the game PSAs that air between innings
- Pre-game questions on the video board to help fans learn more about inhalants
- Strike Out Inhalants Pledge read aloud by the stadium or singed by students at the ACE booth
- Be an ACE Superhero Coloring Contest
- Radio interviews with ACE members, doctors, or families affected by inhalant abuse
- In stadium media including a Strike Out Inhalants banner in the concourse
Summer 2013 Schedule of Strike Out Inhalants Games
This summer ACE will be working with the following teams and organizations to spread awareness on inhalant abuse.
- June 21st- Schaumburg Boomers; Chicago, Illinois- ACE will be working with the Midwest Aerosol Association
- June 25th- Gwinnett Braves; Gwinett, Georgia- ACE will be working with the Southern Aerosol Technical Association
- July 21st- Bowling Green Hot Rods; Bowling Green, Kentucky
- July 29th- Toledo Mud Hens; Toledo, Ohio
- August 3rd- Bowie Baysox; Bowie, Maryland
Please come out to one of the games listed above and learn more about this important initiative. For questions or more information contact ACE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strike Out Inhalants Locations
Check out the map below to see where ACE has been and the teams ACE has worked with in the past. (Click the map for a larger image)
Want to spread inhalant abuse awareness in your community through a Strike Out Inhalants game? Contact ACE at email@example.com with your location and idea and we’ll be in touch!